Chemical BackgroundExxonMobil Chemical Company is one of the largest global petrochemical companies and a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation, the world's largest non-state owned, publicly traded petroleum company. We are an integrated manufacturer and global marketer of olefins, aromatics, fluids, synthetic rubber, polyethylene, polypropylene, oriented polypropylene packaging films, plasticizers, synthetic lubricant base stocks, zeolite catalysts and other petrochemical products. We are the world's largest supplier for most of the product segments which we manufacture and our technology leadership is well recognized in the markets where we operate. To grow our presence in Asia Pacific, and particularly the PRC, we have been investing substantially in our regional facilities and people resources.Our mission is to provide quality petrochemical products and services in the most efficient and responsible manner to generate outstanding customer and shareholder value.OpportunityExxonMobil Chemical desires to recruit outstanding campus graduates to join our PRC commercial team. We welcome applications from ambitious graduates wishing to develop an exciting and rewarding career with a leading global company. Preferential consideration will be given to those students with a track record of academic excellence and able to work independently and effectively with global team members in a virtual environment. Fluent English-speaking capability is required in addition to effective communication skills. ExxonMobil Chemical promotes continuous career development of our employees. Therefore it is likely for our employees to have different assignments throughout their career with us. Candidates should expect job rotations among different business units and work functions within ExxonMobil Chemical in the early part of their careers to develop skills and competencies. For this campus recruiting season we target hiring for the following positions: Technical Service Development Engineer, Sales Engineer, Sales Assistant, and Application Development Engineer. In order to help us in our recruitment process, we would like for you to indicate your choice of the first assignment from those positions listed above in your application. Please be reminded that all campus hires joining ExxonMobil Chemical will be evaluated on a pool basis and that your choice of first assignment will not be our key consideration for gaining employment with us. It will, however, enable us to match you with the appropriate first assignment.
LOCATION: ShanghaiREPORTING TO: Technology or Technical Services ManagerJob description:- Provide technical support to customers and maintain close relationships with customers - Resolve process and performance issues related to ExxonMobil products - Support and train Asian Sales Team on value selling and technology - Translate customer/market needs into new product development opportunities - Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers of equipment and additives used by customers in processing our resins - Work with our Global Technology organizations in the U.S. and Europe for both laboratory support and joint development programs- Contribute as a member of regional or global teams, typically in a virtual environmentRequirements: - Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree - Technical background (Engineering or Science)- Fluent in English (both verbal and written) - Able to work independently and as a team
LOCATION: ShanghaiREPORTING TO: Technology ManagerJob description:- Support the development of small and large injection molding and instrumented tooling capability in our Shanghai Technology Center - Conduct injection molding-related application development and knowledge build in support of growth in various business units - Ensure safe and efficient operation of injection molding machines and related testing equipment - Provide injection molding training and demonstration to our market-facing teams and customers - Develop and maintain relationship with machine and tooling suppliers - Work with our Global Technology organizations in the U.S. and Europe for both laboratory support and joint development programsRequirements:- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering with Polymer Science focus or Polymer Processing Engineering - Experience in polymer processing - Strong knowledge of injection molding or tooling technology or flow simulation and finite element analysis - Knowledge of polymer structure and morphology and polymer processing - Fluent in English (both verbal and written) - Able to work independently and as a team player
LOCATION: Shanghai or GuangzhouREPORTING TO: Sales ManagerJob description:- Develop new sales accounts with emphasis on value selling - Handle sales activities, particularly introducing new and differentiated products to support business growth - Keep abreast of sales account and market activities, visit customer regularly, write visit reports and generate sales account plans - Collect and analyze market information and provide feedback to management - Contribute as a member of regional or global teams, typically in a virtual environment - Follow-up on customer payments - Provide after-sale customer service Requirements:- Bachelor's or Master's degree - Fluent in English (both verbal and written) - Able to work independently and as a team player - Technical background (Engineering or Science) is not required but is a plus
LOCATION: Shanghai or GuangzhouREPORTING TO: Sales ManagerJob description:
- Support Sales on administrative matters related to selling activities - Interact with Sales, Supply Chain and other relevant parties to ensure orders are processed smoothly - Manage on-shore inventory - Assist sales manager in sales stewardship - Administrate the customer visit report system - Coordinate self-assessments and audits - Contribute as a member of regional or global teams, typically in a virtual environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree - Fluent in English (both verbal and written) - Able to work independently and as a team player - Technical background (Engineering or Science) is not required but is a plus Lubricant SpecialtiesBackgroundCustomers have relied on ExxonMobil lubricants for more than 120 years. Marketed in nearly 200 countries and territories worldwide, ExxonMobil products stand for performance, innovation and expertise. As an industry leader in synthetic lubricants, a full range of ExxonMobil products is available in the automotive, commercial and industrial business sectors. ExxonMobil recognizes that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. To that end, ExxonMobil works closely to support the communities where they operate and pledges to maintain the highest ethical standards, comply with local laws and respect local and national cultures. ExxonMobil in China operates 2 lube blending plants, located in Tianjin and Taicang, which supply more than 80% of our finished lube requirements for China. A well developed national network of several hundred distributors market our products in their respective areas.
LOCATION: Xian and ChengduJob Responsibility:After initial on boarding program, successful candidates will either be assigned to a front line field sales representative role or other business related position: - Develop business plans to meet established objectives, and implement the sales processes - Advise distributors' sales force in the effective implementation of marketing programs and sales initiatives - Steward business relationships with key customers, channels and distributors - Effectively allocate and manage company resources and assets assigned to support the implementation of the sales plan - In conjunction with Customer Services and the Distributor Business Development group, manage credit performance of direct customers - Take responsibility for maintaining our License to Operate, ensuringcompliance with company guidelines and policies related to Safety,Health, Environment, Security and Business Controls. Requirement:- Bachelor or Master degree holders in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or equivalent - Good command of spoken/written English - Willingness to relocate to different locations within mainland China - Self-motivated, strong initiative and a desire to succeed. Finance Financial Service in ExxonMobilWe offer you the opportunity of a financial services career becoming part of the Corporate Financial Services organization or the Treasurer's organization. Corporate Financial Services (CFS) includes Financial Accounting Reporting, Bank Accounting, Intercompany Accounting and Fixed Assets Accounting. Major roles of Treasurer's Finance Organization are cash management, investment, capital structure management, bank relationships, credit, and business service supports. Key responsibilities of Treasurer's Credit Organization are credit risk assessment, credit limit setting, exposure monitoring, security management, and credit and collection performance stewardship. The following positions are just some possibilities when you begin a financial career with ExxonMobil. The expectation is that you will start in one of the positions or other financial positions not listed below which is based on business needs, but rotate through several different positions in the following years, in order to build broad depth and experience.Corporate Financial Services (CFS)Bank Accountant / Analyst Inter-company Accountant / AnalystFixed Assets Accountant / AnalystFinancial Accounting Analyst Treasurer'sFinancial Analyst - Treasury Credit AnalystWhy join ExxonMobil as a financial professional?At ExxonMobil we invest significant time on individual career development. We have one of the world's most talented groups of financial professionals, and we balance their strengths and preferences with the company's needs to provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. We want people with exceptional talent and incredible drive. In return for your intelligence, ingenuity and passion, we'll offer you: Work that stimulates your curiosity and challenges your intellect An environment where individual and cultural differences are respected and valued Competitive compensation, benefits and employee programs Programs and policies to help provide a satisfying work-life balance Resources for on-going development, growth and successOur Controller's and Treasurer's organizations are critical to our continued success, and we are committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding the brightest minds.Our world awaits you......are you ready for the challenge???
LOCATION: ShanghaiREPORTING TO: Corporate Financial Services Unit Supervisor Job description:Bank Accountant / Analyst
- Ensure that all Network Bank interfaces are recorded in the financial systems and that the bank accounts are reconciled in a timely manner, including the upload of bank statements for non-Network banks - Investigate and follow-up reconciling items with end users in various departments and countries to ensure prompt clearance of outstanding items Investigate and follow-up reconciling items with end users in various departments and countries to ensure prompt clearance of outstanding items
- Ensure that all accounting aspects of intercompany transactions are properly and timely recorded as per accounting standards managing the different system operated for the intercompany process, including review of interface reports and follow up on exceptions - Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for assigned accounts for ExxonMobil accounting Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for assigned accounts for ExxonMobil accounting
- Manage the detailed fixed assets registers in the financial system. This included common daily fixed asset transaction recording, month and year end financial close activities and analyze information from the financial system to respond to periodic requests from the Tax Department and others- Initiate follow up with project engineers on inactive projects and monitor / facilitate physical verification programs and assist in reconciliations
- Report monthly earnings and quarterly financial statements to corporate headquarters, including analysis and follow up with business contacts- Ensure the completeness and the accuracy of the financial records and their compliance with the ExxonMobil US and local statutory accounting standards- Coordinate and participate in the month-end-close process, which includes data integrity checks, internal cost allocations, inventory valuations, foreign exchange revaluations and income tax postings
All positions require working with fellow team members to identify, plan and implement process improvementsRequirements of Candidates- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Economics- Good command of spoken/written English- Strong communication skills (written and oral)- Self-motivated with good initiatives and able to work under pressure- Good PC knowledge of Windows, Words and Excel- Controls monitoring and audit
LOCATION: ShanghaiREPORTING TO: Credit ManagerJob description:PRIMARY FUNCTION:Responsible for day-to-day credit management operation, controls and other ad hoc / special projects as required.
- Perform daily credit operation in accordance with credit guidelines / procedures
Evaluate customer's credit worthiness Assign risk category and credit limit to each customer Maintain credit master in GEMS / other ERP system Re-assess existing customer according to defined review schedule per risk category
- Conduct customer visit, as required, to obtain information to facilitate credit evaluation and to resolve credit issues- Assess necessity and adequacy of security offered by customer, including appropriate security safekeeping, maintenance and renewal- Work with Sales and Collections Specialists to monitor payment performance and follow up overdue collections- Assist Sales in bad debt recovery efforts and follow up jointly with Law on legal proceedings against trade debtors- Steward credit performance through monitoring and preparation of credit performance reports and attending credit meetings- Advise Sales and Customer Services on all credit-related matters, including letters of credit and other payment securities- Advice Sales on credit-related clauses in sales contractsRequirements of Candidates:- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics- Good command of spoken and written English- Effective communication skills (written and oral)- Sound business judgment and strong analytical skill - Self-motivated with good initiatives and able to work under pressure- Good PC knowledge of Windows, Words and Excel
If you have any further questions, please send email to email@example.com with subject title of "Campus Recruitment 2015". Questions received before Campus Talks will be addressed during the Campus Talks.